Testosterone is one of the essential hormones for men’s health. Unfortunately, once many men reach the age of 30 years old, testosterone levels start gradually decreasing, which affects every aspect of your life. Find out everything you need to know about testosterone and how to effectively increase your testosterone levels with supplements.
Top testosterone boosters on the market
Here are the four contenders for the title of the best testosterone booster on the market right now.
TestoGen pills are considered to be the best testosterone pills by thousands of men suffering from the decreasing levels of testosterone in their bodies. This supplement promises to positively affect your health and wellness in the following ways:
- Help your body maintain high levels of free testosterone.
- Make your libido stronger.
- Give you faster and more potent erections.
- Increase your strength and stamina for working out, sex, and other challenges.
- Help you shed excess fat and gain lean muscles.
- Improve the quality of your sleep.
- Give you more energy to last for the whole day.
- Make you recover faster between workouts.
TestoGen is formulated with natural ingredients known for their positive effect on testosterone production and maintenance. Inside every TestoGen pill, you will find the following ingredients:
- Vitamins B6, K1, D;
- Zinc, boron, and magnesium;
- D-Aspartic acid;
- Nettle leaf extract;
- Fenugreek extract;
- Red ginseng extract.
There is a combination of factors that make TestoGen the top rated testosterone booster in the US and around the world. Its formula has proven efficiency against low testosterone levels while possessing little to no side effects. Plus, this test booster comes with a convenient dosage — a single bottle of TestoGen will last you precisely for a month.
TestoMax claims to be the natural and safe alternative to anabolic steroids, which are known for their variety of side effects. TestoMax, on the other hand, boasts a completely natural formula. Regular consumption of TestoMax promises to give you the following benefits:
- Increase the level of testosterone in the body.
- Promote a healthy sex drive and interest in sex.
- Help you perform better in and outside of the bedroom.
- Make your muscles grow faster after workouts.
- Ensure faster recovery from intensive workouts.
The manufacturer of TestoMax points out that you can achieve the best results with the supplement if you combine it with an increased water intake, a healthy diet, and an adequate amount of physical activity, although, to be fair, it can be said about any male testosterone pills.
The formula of TestoMax includes ingredients known for their positive effect on testosterone levels and overall men’s health:
- Vitamins B6, D3, K1;
- Boron, magnesium, and zinc;
- D-Aspartic acid;
- Red ginseng extract;
- Nettle leaf extract;
To make the effect of TestoMax even more visible and minimize the chance of experiencing side effects, you should take TestoMax every day for 2 months and then take a 1.5-week break to assess the efficiency of the supplement.
TestoFuel is considered to be one of the best testosterone supplements with a formula that contains zero synthetic ingredients. It was designed by the manufacturer to give men the effect of anabolic steroids without the unpleasant side effects that can negatively impact your mental and physical health.
TestoFuel is marketed as the anabolic support complex, but you shouldn’t be to the word “anabolic” in this phrase, as it simply refers to the anabolic group of hormones that includes testosterone. These are the benefits you can expect from taking TestoFuel regularly:
- Boost your body’s own production of testosterone and help it maintain higher testosterone levels.
- Improve your physique by helping you get rid of the fat and gain muscles instead;
- Help you perform in bed better by giving you quality erections and boosting your sex drive.
- Make your gym workouts more effective and easier on your body.
- Improve your mood, energy levels, and sleep patterns.
The formula of TestoFuel contains just 9 ingredients, and all of them have been chosen for the supplement for their proven efficiency regarding men’s hormone balance:
- Vitamins B6, K1, D3;
- Magnesium citrate, zinc, and boron;
- Nettle root extract;
- Red ginseng extract;
- Mucuna pruriens seed extract.
While many testosterone boosting supplements promise quick results, they are often based on synthetic ingredients and are therefore not the safest option, especially if you have additional health conditions. Prime Male does not claim to be the fastest working testosterone supplement, but it promises to deliver steady results in a safe way:
- Help your body maintain the necessary level of free testosterone.
- Return the high sex drive you once had.
- Make you achieve erections faster and maintain them for as long as necessary.
- Give your body more strength, energy, and stamina.
- Improve your mood and self-esteem.
- Help you achieve more in the gym.
Prime Male comes in the form of capsules, which are the preferred method of taking supplements for many people who struggle with swallowing large pills. Inside every Prime Male capsule, there are the following ingredients:
- Vitamin B6, D3, and K2;
- Zinc, boron, and magnesium;
- Korean red ginseng extract;
- Nettle root extract;
- Mucuna pruriens extract;
- D-Aspartic acid.
The recommended dosage of Prime Male is four capsules per day, but those four capsules should not be taken at once. Instead, you should divide the daily dosage between four daily meals, which means you also need to maintain a steady eating schedule to ensure maximum Prime Male efficiency.
Testosterone Booster Buying Guide
What is testosterone?
Testosterone is one of the key male hormones that regulate nearly every system in the body. Among the most vital areas affected by testosterone are sexual performance and fertility, distribution of fat around the body, the level of muscle mass and its growth, and the production of red blood cells.
The level of testosterone in the body begins decreasing as a man ages, and the process usually begins after the man turns 30. Low testosterone levels can have a drastic effect on the man’s health, wellness, performance, and even appearance. Low libido, infertility, weight gain and loss of muscle definition, low stamina and hair loss are the most common consequences of decreased testosterone levels.
What are testosterone boosters and how do they work?
There are several ways to increase the production of testosterone in the body, and some of them have little to do with medicine — for example, changing your diet and introducing a healthy amount of exercise into your routine are both effective ways to increase the production of testosterone in the body.
Most men, however, prefer to increase their testosterone levels with the help of medication and supplements. Testosterone medication can come in the form of pills, injections, or products for external use, including creams. But since these testosterone treatments need to be prescribed by the doctor and have a wide range of side effects, many men go for natural testosterone boosters.
Natural testosterone boosters do not contain synthetic ingredients that are usually associated with increasing levels of testosterone in the body. Instead, they use a variety of natural ingredients that have been known for their testosterone boosting effects for years or even centuries.
Each of those ingredients affects your testosterone production in different ways. Most of them influence the production and maintenance of testosterone directly, but there is also a large subdivision of natural testosterone pills that prevent the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, which is a common reason why testosterone levels in men may be decreasing.
The most common ingredients in testosterone boosters
There are dozens of natural ingredients that are known for their positive effect on testosterone production and maintenance process in the body. However, there are a few of them that can be found in the majority of test booster products available today. Here are the most common testosterone booster ingredients:
Zinc has over 100 proven benefits for our health, and testosterone production is among them. Zinc in supplements has been proven to be effective for raising testosterone levels in men with insufficient testosterone production and help them recover from intense workouts faster. Plus, zinc is known as a natural aphrodisiac, which is an obvious bonus for your sex life.
- Vitamin D
Vitamin D is naturally produced by our skin when it is under direct sunlight, but humans nowadays have less and less exposure to the sun. Low levels of vitamin D are closely connected to low testosterone levels and low quality of sperm, which may be important if you are trying to conceive. You need to get around 3,000 IU of vitamin D a day to notice a change in your testosterone levels.
Ginger is an integral part of traditional Asian medicine, and one of its most noticeable effects is its ability to boost testosterone levels and reduce inflammation in key systems of your body. When taken regularly in the form of a supplement, ginger stimulates the production of testosterone, improves the quality of sperm, and has an overall positive effect on your sexual function.
While most of the natural ingredients on our list work by directly boosting the production of testosterone, fenugreek is one of the herbal ingredients that prevent the conversion of testosterone into estrogen by releasing enzymes that halt the conversion. Those who regularly take fenugreek, experience a boost in free testosterone level and are able to achieve their perfect physical form faster.
Ashwagandha is an essential part of Ayurvedic medicine, where it is used for a number of purposes, including boosting the level of testosterone in the blood and improving overall focus and performance. Ashwagandha is also a powerful adaptogen, meaning that is can help your body and mind fight the symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress.
Magnesium performs a very important function in your body: it stops free testosterone from being bound to protein. More free testosterone in your blood means a higher overall level of testosterone. Magnesium is valued both by professional athletes who want to perform better and regular men looking to improve their male health.
Longjack, which is mostly found in Southeast Asia, has been long known for its libido-boosting properties. Lately, it has also been found to increase testosterone levels and muscular strength, particularly in older men with normal physical activity levels, so there is no doubt that Longjack will be featured in more and more testosterone boosting supplements.
- D-Aspartic acid
D-Aspartic acid is a natural amino acid that does not directly affect your testosterone levels, unlike most natural ingredients on our list. Instead, it increases the levels of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone in your body, which, in turn, stimulate the production of testosterone by your reproductive system. D-Aspartic acid is also very helpful for increasing the quality of sperm.
What if you have a low testosterone level?
Low testosterone level may negatively affect nearly every system and function in your body, but it may not always be easy to tell when you have problems with testosterone production and maintenance. Insufficient level of testosterone in the body has the following common signs and symptoms:
- Reduced sex drive and inability to maintain a healthy sex life;
- Problems with achieving and maintaining an erection;
- Low energy and stamina, both during workouts and regular activities;
- Troubles with falling asleep and wrong sleep schedule;
- Mood swings, loss of confidence, and depression;
- Loss of hair on the head and body;
- Reduced muscle mass and bone mass;
- Lower sperm quality and smaller amounts of sperm produced;
- Growing body fat and trouble with shedding excess weight.
While you may only contract one or two of those symptoms of low testosterone level in the body, it can significantly lower your quality of life. That is why, even when you notice a single symptom that you can link to decreased testosterone levels, it’s best to take action as soon as possible by introducing the best test booster to your regimen.
Testosterone boosters pros and cons
Testosterone boosters have a variety of benefits for your health, but they also come with their share of disadvantages. Here are the testosterone boosters pros and cons you should know about before choosing any test booster.
- A testosterone booster is one of the most natural ways to increase your testosterone level with minimal effort.
- You can get noticeable improvements in your sex life, including stronger erections and a higher sex drive.
- Your performance in the gym will become more effective and you can recover from workouts faster.
- A test booster will give you self-confidence needed to achieve more in life.
- With a good testosterone boosting product, you will get more energy, while your sleep patterns will also improve.
- Natural testosterone boosters rarely deliver immediate effects: it can take you anywhere between a few weeks and a few months to see the difference in the way you look and feel.
- Reputable test boosters with well-designed formulas are never cheap and can cost over $100 per bottle, which typically lasts for 1 month.
- The most popular and reliable supplements are often exclusively sold online, which means you cannot get them at the local stores.
- Some testosterone boosters have certain side effects.
Testosterone booster side effects
In most cases, you will not experience any side effects from testosterone boosters, provided that you buy your supplements from a reputable brand and from an official distributor. However, there is always a chance that you will develop a personal negative reaction to one of the ingredients in your test boosting supplement. The most commonly reported testosterone booster side effects include:
- Stomach pain, cramps, and nausea;
- Other digestive problems, including diarrhea and constipation;
- Lightheadedness and dizziness;
- Fatigue and exhaustion;
- Trouble falling asleep and broken sleep schedule;
- High blood pressure and headaches;
- Decreased performance at work and in the gym.
While the list of potential side effects from taking testosterone supplements looks serious, it’s worth remembering that there is very little probability that you will experience even a single one of those symptoms.
To lower the chance of contracting testosterone booster side effects, medical professionals advise to increase your water intake, introduce more physical activity into your life, and modify your diet to make it more nutritious. Then you will not only be more likely to avoid the side effects, but will also increase the efficiency of the supplements you are taking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Natural testosterone boosters do not actually contain testosterone, which is why they are completely safe for most men with low testosterone levels. Plus, even if your testosterone levels are relatively normal, a testosterone booster is unlikely to raise them to an unhealthy number.
Testosterone is responsible for maintaining numerous systems in your body, and the effect from taking testosterone boosters can be noticed on multiple occasions. The most important benefits of taking a testosterone booster include:
– Increased level of sex drive and better sexual performance;
– Ability to achieve and maintain strong erections;
– A boost in stamina and strength in and outside of the bed;
– Easier recovery between workouts and more effective gym sessions;
– Faster shedding of excess fat and gaining lean muscles;
– Improved sleep and energy levels;
– Alleviating the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Nearly every natural test booster comes in the form of pills or capsules, and you will hardly find any injections or skin products with a natural testosterone boosting formula. You should always follow the instructions printed on the package of the supplement. They will give you directions on when to take the pills and when you should do it.
Since most natural testosterone boosting supplements don’t give you an immediate effect, there is no reason to take them immediately before a workout or sex session. In most cases, you will take the pill during or after the meal and wash it down with plenty of water.
You can get a suspicion that your testosterone levels are low after checking the list of signs and symptoms we posted above, but the only way to know how much testosterone you really have is through a test. You can do a blood test at your doctor’s office, which is usually done in the morning, or collect your saliva with a home testosterone test kit and mail it to a lab, who will then test it and mail you back the results.
Even the best testosterone booster is unlikely to make a real difference in your penis size, since it is mostly determined by the amount of muscle tissue in your penis and how much blood its chambers receive while achieving the erection. However, test boosters can improve your sex life in a number of different ways.
The biggest difference between testosterone boosters and anabolic steroids is that boosters have a mostly natural formula, while steroids contain synthetic ingredients that were formulated in a lab. Testosterone boosters have a much milder effect than anabolic steroids, but they are also not known for any common side effects and are safe for most men.